I’m sure you just read the title of this blog and thought? What the H…
I have so many things I wanted to talk about in this blog post and I’m not sure I’ll get to them all. When you walk away today after reading this, my one wish is that there is a smile on your face and hope in your heart. If you need a pick me up from life, I hope this post helps you. This is just some insight about my life experiences and what I’ve done to live my best life. I am not a life coach, a psychologist, writer or anything of that nature. I just felt like writing this post about Robots, Rejection and Rockstars.
Robots. There was a point in my life awhile back that I felt completely miserable and surrounded by Robots. Self absorbed, monotonous fake robots. They weren’t really robots. They were people. Everyday I woke up so miserable at the thought of having to
work with deal with some of these people. I really value genuine people that are themselves and don’t put on a facade. I like real conversations. I like to be myself. I like to know people on a personal level. I like people that have good intentions. All I wanted was to wake up everyday, have real connections and be excited. Be Happy. Be grateful. Love life. Talk candidly. Love how I spent my time. I didn’t want to feel like I was constantly wasting my life time. I wanted to meet people that were interesting. I wanted to be excited everyday. I was not living this way. Sure there were many great people along the way but that wasn’t everyone. It came to a point that I had to take a leap of faith. Okay there was no faith, I just leapt and leapt big. I leapt so far I hit every ****ing branch on the way down. I couldn’t live another day being unhappy and every hurting hit has been worth it so far. I am planning on writing a big blog post about that later this month. So I won’t go too far into detail with this post… What I’m trying to get at here is: If your life isn’t going how you imagined you must make changes. When you make changes and take risks- you will grow. Growth will nurture you and you will slowly start to live the life you’ve always imagined for yourself. (I am now getting to that place). But first you must face: Rejection.
Rejection. Such an ugly word. Rejection is probably one of the biggest fears for most people and the one thing that holds them back from getting what they want in life. People hate rejection because it hurts. New things are scary. People don’t want to be embarrassed or fail. People don’t want to lose. I get it. I hate rejection too. However, rejection is part of change, growth & life in general. I will tell you that every time you put yourself out there and get rejected it gets easier and easier. Just keep doing it. Don’t take it personally if you get rejected. I’m telling you from personal experience. Some matches aren’t meant to be and that’s just how it is. Whether it’s that job you really wanted or your dream guy- sometimes it just doesn’t workout in your favour. When it doesn’t work out, that’s your cue to get up, dust yourself off, and try again. If you don’t you… will be stuck where you are. Anyone that’s “stuck” knows it’s a crappy place to be. Been there. Every time a door gets slammed in your face take it with a smile and go knock on another one. Failure is a huge part of the fear behind rejection. Now same thing- The more you fail the better you will be. For example… I had to take THOUSANDS of bad photos before I actually thought I was taking somewhat good photos. I have come a long way, and I still have a long way to go. I will tell you there have been multiple times along the way that I thought about putting down the camera. Multiple times where I thought things were so bad I could not go on. Cried myself to sleep because I thought my photos were so bad. The saying practice makes perfect isn’t a saying for no reason. Every time things don’t go your way look at it as an opportunity. Oh I forgot to mention that when you don’t get rejected after many attempts it will feel amazing.
Rockstars. So this paragraph isn’t meant so literally. If I were to put on leather pants and sing for you- it would not be a good thing. What I mean is everyday make an effort to start living your best life possible. New Flash- this is probably going to be the only life you get (depending what you believe;). So, if you aren’t liking your life- that is no ones fault but your own. We are all dealt different cards. Some people get better hands to start the game of life with. That doesn’t mean you can’t make yours better. Here are some things you can do to get started:
- Write down your goals, hopes & dreams (along with an action plan on how you might accomplish this. Baby steps are OKAY. Success does not happen overnight… Dream big realistic goals. Putting “Winning The Lottery” down isn’t going to cut it). Be honest with yourself. Success is not defined by one person. It’s defined by the individual. We all have different visions of what we want that to look like.
- Next take out the trash in your life. Make immediate changes that will put you on the path that you need to be on. De-clutter your home (throw away/donate anything that you don’t use or that gives you bad memories), separate yourself from negative people/environments.
- Start to make things happen. Take action. Sitting on your couch isn’t going to get you very far. If you are opting for a career change- start researching. Start reaching out to people in that field. If you are hoping to meet someone put yourself out there. Try new things. Don’t be discouraged if it doesn’t go as smoothly at first. Surround yourself with people that will support you in your endeavours and cheer you on.
- Spend time alone and reflect. I know… I just told you to go meet new people and now I’m telling you to spend time alone. Do both. Spending time alone is good for a person. You can focus on who you really are and what you want to be. Maybe you want to treat yourself to a spa day or get a new outfit? Truth is when you look better you feel better. If that is an area of your life that’s bothering you then make it over.
- Start being happy, positive and open. If you are not living this way currently, then you need to CHOOSE to start being this way. I didn’t wake up feeling like this every day to start out. It was a decision I decided to make and everyday I try to live this way. I actually picked a date, prepared myself emotionally and went with it. Everyday it becomes more natural as you go. Being positive allows you to envision yourself succeeding. Being open allows you to connect with other people that will in turn help you reach your goals. This was also something that didn’t come easy for me. I am secretly an introvert and I like spending most of my time by myself. This however does not work as far as connecting with others and growing a business. So I have to work at it. Support other people. Cheer them on. Never be jealous of anyone or anything. Everyones life accomplishments come at different times. If someone is doing a good job let them know. You might just make their day and hey maybe one day they might just make yours. The more people you touch in a positive way the better chance it will come back around.
- Be willing to put in A LOT of effort. So much effort… I can’t even tell you how much. Work hard. You can’t sit there wondering why you haven’t made progress… if you haven’t done much. The thing is- if you really want to do something you will do whatever it takes. Keep going despite any road bumps or major falls (I guess I should I tell you there will be many). Prepare to get crushed, stomped, mess-up, make mistakes, forget things, and wonder if you are ever going to succeeded … keep going. This is how you learn and improve.
- BE CONFIDENT. If you are not confident in yourself, then how in the world do you expect other people to believe you are confident. This is the one time I will say- fake it till you make it. Never be cocky though. Cockiness is another ugly word. Not something you want to be known for. Confident will be more than enough. Be brave. Take risks. Stay humble.
- Watch out for trolls aka super negative/unsupportive people. Okay maybe they’re not trolls lol. But seriously. These people will want you to fail. They will hurt you. They thrive on misery and watching good things turn bad. They are the ones that don’t have anything nice to say about your dreams or what you are trying to accomplish. They are the ones that will throw you under the bus first. They probably won’t support you or help you reach your goals. They will most likely be hoping you fail and give up and join their pool of negativity. Take these people out with the trash when you do your house cleaning. For real. If you do decide to keep these people around, you have to let their negativity directed at you go in one ear and out the other. You can’t take what they say personally. It’s their negative energy. Not yours. Not everyone is going to like you… Just as you don’t like everyone. Honestly, this is a GOOD thing. If someone doesn’t like you- great! You don’t have to waste your time with them-vice versa. Watch out for people that will use you. If you act like a doormat or are “too nice” be prepared to get trampled and taken advantage of- BEEN THERE. Don’t live for other peoples standards. Live for your own.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this post. These aren’t some random excerpts from books or the internet. These thoughts from my personal experiences and my ideas on how to live your life in the best way possible. I just want to be me and live life my way. If I can help one person then it’s all worth it 🙂
Now go find your path.